- This event has passed.
Oktoberfest at Peaceful Side Social Brewery + Craft Kitchen
September 17, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Peaceful Side Social’s First Annual Oktoberfest!
Saturday, September 17th, 2022 from 2 – 9pm
Free Entry | Free Parking | Purchase tickets at the entrance
German Food | German Bier | Local Guest Breweries | Competitive Games hosted by Team BUSAR | Live Music | Silent Auction for Monarch Tagging with Tremont Institute
In support of Great Smoky Mountains Institute at Tremont we will celebrate Germany’s most time-honored traditions right here in the Townsend, Tennessee!
Our FIRST ever Oktoberfest will be held on Saturday, September 17th at Peaceful Side Social from 2 to 9pm to celebrate the time honored German tradition centered around food, fun, and festbier! This will be Townsend, Tennessee’s most fun event of the year, and one you won’t want to miss!
We will expand our Biergarten to be 4 times bigger adding a 4000 square foot festival tent, a stage, 9 guest breweries, a German Bier Trailer, Selfie Stations, a grilling area and giant seating areas! You will enjoy an array of entertainment, games, and live music all announced by our Emcee, Red Hickey! Two live bands will take the stage beginning with Chattanooga’s premier Oktoberfest Polka band, The Wurstbrats at 3pm, followed by Americana Bluegrass band, Troubadour Blue at 7:30pm!
- PEACEFUL SIDE SOCIAL WILL BE OPEN AND OPERATING AS USUAL WHILE THE FESTIVAL IS HAPPENING IN THE TENT
- FREE ENTRY + FREE PARKING
- BEER + FOOD TICKETS $4 EACH
- PRICES: FOOD $4 – $12 | BEER $8
- LIMITED EDITION STEIN $20
- BEST VALUE: STEIN + 3 TICKETS = $28 (Normally $32)
There are no advanced purchases. Tickets must be purchased at the entrance of the festival. You must have tickets and a wristband to purchase alcohol inside of the festival. Tickets will be the only “tender” accepted in festival. Anyone may enter the festival and participate, however they must have tickets if they want to purchase food and alcohol, which requires a wristband.
This festival is intended to end at 9pm, however, some of the marketing material that went out says we end at 10pm. We will not ask guests to leave at 9pm.
Parking will be available in the main lot, and a secondary lot located in the grassy area next to the Townsend Post Office.
This is a kid-friendly and leashed pet-friendly event.
Albright Grove (Knoxville)
Crafty Bastard (Knoxville)
Print Shop (Knoxville)
Elst Brewing (Knoxville)
Barrelhouse Gypsy Circus (Knoxville)
Lilly Pad Hopyard Brewing
PLUS a German Beer Trailer with traditional Oktoberfest Beers!
The Wurstbrats (7 piece Polka band) 3 – 7pm
Troubadour Blue (Americana Bluegrass) 7:30 – 9pm
Tremont Institute will be doing a Price-Sealed Bid Auction and the highest bidder of the night receives 2 spots for the exclusive Monarch Tagging event in Cades Cove this Fall.
Games (free to participate):
- The Wurstbrats will host 3 Chicken Dances (a traditional Oktoberfest dance)
- Team BUSAR will be hosting a Pull Up competition, a Blindfolded Stein Race, Tug O’ War for kids, and several other Search and Rescue related activities throughout the evening.
- Costume Contest – contestants take the stage a 7pm dressed in their best Oktoberfest wear – there will be a first, second, and third place and winners receive a Peaceful Side Social gift card!