Townsend, Tennessee is our home, and Gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. We don’t take for granted how spectacular our mountain home is – and understand that it must be protected, preserved, and supported. At Peaceful Side Social, we have made the preservation + education of the Peaceful Side an integral part of who we are.
That’s why we encourage our visitors to join us in finding the joy in giving back to our Smoky Mountain Community – a happy, nearly euphoric feeling, knowing that with each visit to pSs – you’re giving back to the Smokies, it’s waterways + the Townsend Community!
With each purchase at pSs – we support these important initiatives together…
+ Townsend/Cades Cove Gateway Alliance
– Supporting their mission to encourage responsible tourism and economy to the Peaceful Side area, while fostering and nurturing the tranquility, history and identity of the area.
+ Little River Watershed Association
– Supporting their mission to protect Townsend’s main river and Little River Watershed collective. Being a “Better Friend of the Little River”
+ Tremont Institute
– Supporting their programming to bring Smoky Mountain conservation & education to the public.
+ Keep Blount Beautiful
– Mission: Litter Prevention. Waste Reduction. Beautification
+ Save Our Smokies, Inc.
– Mission: Cleaning up roadways, riversides, mountainsides of trash, debris, and graffiti in and around the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
+ Team BUSAR
– Mission: Our Volunteer Search + Rescue Team for the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
+ Townsend Area Volunteer Fire Dept.
– Mission: The TAVFD responds to fire, medical, rescue and other emergencies in its response area and maintains mutual aid agreements with surrounding emergency units to supplement its resources.